One of the most challenging things that can come up in a conflict resolution process is when there are people outside the room negatively influencing the parties but not participating directly in the process. Sometimes, those influencers are the parties’ professional advisors or lawyers and that problem can often be solved by bringing them into the room. When the outside influencers are friends and family or people who can’t be brought into the room, it is a harder problem to solve. In this webinar, we address how to identify the interfering influencers outside the room and what to do about them to minimize their impact and focus on the people who matter without making anyone wrong.
- Managing Conflict Mindfully: Don’t Believe Everything You Think by Leonard Riskin
- Running in when others run away: Making the change to a career in conflict resolution
- When You Greet Me I Bow: Notes and Reflections from a Life in Zen, by Norman Fischer
- 20-years of conflict resolution work breaks new ground while bringing together parties in conflict through understanding
- Mediation is not “a magic wand” for conflict resolution, but it can be a powerful way to mend work relationships. Here’s how it works at SAP.