Hot off the presses is “What is Zen? Plain Talk for a Beginner’s Mind”, a new book by Norman Fischer, who is one of our teachers in our Self Reflection for Conflict Professionals intensive (SCPI) series, and Susan Moon. In our SCPI classes, we incorporate meditation and other forms of self-reflection to increase our capacity for recognizing the relationship in our work between what is happening inside of us and outside of us when working with people in conflict. For anyone interested in broadening their understanding of how to explore what is happening inside, this book is a great introduction to the concepts and practices of Zen, one of the many paths for self-reflection, a skill we strongly believe is essential for any conflict professional. The question and answer format is highly readable and enjoyable.
- Thanks for the Feedback: The Science and Art of Receiving Feedback Well by Douglas Stone and Sheila Heen
- Forward Together: Walking the Professional Road with Peer Support
- Broken Trust: Breaking the Cycle of Words Without Action
- Ukrainian mediators work to bring understanding to conflict despite challenges faced by ongoing war
- Into the Magic Shop: A Neurosurgeon's Quest to Discover the Mysteries of the Brain and the Secrets of the Heart