Hot off the presses is “What is Zen? Plain Talk for a Beginner’s Mind”, a new book by Norman Fischer, who is one of our teachers in our Self Reflection for Conflict Professionals intensive (SCPI) series, and Susan Moon. In our SCPI classes, we incorporate meditation and other forms of self-reflection to increase our capacity for recognizing the relationship in our work between what is happening inside of us and outside of us when working with people in conflict. For anyone interested in broadening their understanding of how to explore what is happening inside, this book is a great introduction to the concepts and practices of Zen, one of the many paths for self-reflection, a skill we strongly believe is essential for any conflict professional. The question and answer format is highly readable and enjoyable.
- The Essential Role of Conflict Resolution Practitioners in Today’s Complex World
- The Making of a Mediator: Developing Artistry in Practice by Michael D. Lang and Alison Taylor
- Staying Fresh: Updating Skills and Seeking Advanced Training
- Mom Always Liked You Best: A Guide for Resolving Family Feuds, Inheritance Battles & Eldercare Crises
- International Conflict and Self-Care in the New Year