The Center for Understanding in Conflict (CUC) is a non-profit organization offering trainings in conflict resolution and mediation, with a focus on empowering people in conflict and helping them to understand each other. Founded in 1981, we train professionals and community members in the skills and self-awareness needed to bring understanding to conflict-driven conversations. In addition to introductory trainings, CUC offers ongoing support groups, peer groups, and advanced training programs, both live and online.
The Communications and Administration Associate is responsible for publicizing CUC’s work and programs through CUC’s website, social media and other digital platforms. In coordination with CUC’s leadership, the Communications and Administration Associate produces, curates, edits, and publishes social media content; drafts and manages a monthly e-newsletter; manages the website and online assets (photos, video, etc.); and tracks metrics for online engagement. The Communications and Administration Associate also engages in light design work and provides some administrative and logistical support for CUC’s programs, including managing registrations and booking venues. This is a 15-20 hour per week position and will be performed remotely using your own computer and internet access. Starting date for this position is mid-July 2022.
- Manage social media, e-newsletter and email outreach, including producing, curating, editing and publishing social media content and drafting/compiling and managing e-newsletter
- Maintain CUC’s website using WordPress
- Design and produce graphics and written materials for programs
- Respond to inquiries about CUC and its programs over email and by phone
- Manage program registrations and some program logistics
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Please include the word “purple” in your cover letter
- Familiarity with using social media platforms and ability to manage organizational presence on them
- Good design skills and an interest in creating visually appealing informational materials
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively, warmly and professionally with diverse audiences orally and in writing
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once and to meet deadlines
- Experience using WordPress and Microsoft Office (including Word and Excel).
- Experience with Canva or Adobe Suite preferred
- Experience with email marketing platforms, such as Constant Contact a plus
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively from a remote/home environment, including providing your own computer and internet access
- This is an hourly position paid bi-weekly
- The range for this position is $23-$26 per hour, depending on experience
Email your resume, cover letter, and one work sample with writing and graphics to [email protected] by July 8, 2022. We will review applications on a rolling basis.
The Center for Understanding in Conflict is an equal-opportunity employer and seeks applicants of the greatest diversity possible, including women, people of color, persons with disabilities, lesbian/gay/bisexual/transgender individuals, and formerly incarcerated individuals.